BP500-M01is one module of a four-module series that focuses on more advanced practices in the delivery of online courses. The BP500 series is designed to enhance cooperative, collaborative, active, and experiential learning
and to give participants the tools to develop course and teaching resources applicable to their discipline.
This course focuses on the online experience of students. It examines the demographics of the online classroom, how these students learn,
and how instructors can modify their teaching styles to meet the needs of today’s diverse learning population. The module also focuses on using instructor presence to meet online students where they are. Upon successful completion of this module,
participants will receive a Best Practices in Online Course Delivery: Online Experiences certificate.
- Discuss the demographics of online students
- Identify current adult learning theories.
- Evaluate the relationship between learning styles and teaching styles.
- Explain the importance of instructor presence, both professionally and personally, in the online classroom.
- Identify effective welcome activities that set the tone for purposeful interaction.
- List the typical components of a teaching portfolio.
About this course:
- From start to finish, module may take up to 1.5 hours to complete
- Fully self-paced. Start and stop as you wish.
- LMS agnostic design strategies.
- Complete all or just some of the sections based on your course design experience.
- Receive a certificate of completion if all activities are completed.
How to Enroll:
- Step 1: Click on the course title below and select 'Enroll' to enroll yourself.
must be logged in to this LMS to complete your enrollment - keep in
mind this LMS is separate from your institution's LMS. If you do not
already have an account from engaging in a previous Wiley Education
Services faculty development course then you will need to create a new
one. Follow the steps in either Existing Engage Account or No
Existing Engage Account.
Existing Engage Account:
2: After clicking 'Enroll", you will transition to the log in page.
Log into Engage with your login credentials. Click the Enroll me button
located at the bottom of the page. You will have immediate access to
your course. You will also receive a confirmation email with a direct
link to the course.
No Existing Engage Account:
2: After clicking "Enroll", you will transition to the log in page.
If you do not have an account, Click the Create New Account Button.
Complete the New Account form.
Once the form is submitted, you will receive an email with an
activation link. (Check your Junk or Spam folders if the email is not
3: Follow the directions in the email to activate your account
registration. Then, click the link to return to the Academic Engagement
Engage LMS. Scroll down the page to select the course you want to
complete (a second time).
- Step 4: Log into Engage with your login credentials. Click the Enroll me button located at the bottom of the page. You will receive a confirmation email with a direct link to the course.
THIS COURSE IS INTENDED FOR FACULTY DEVELOPERS TEACHING IN PROGRAMS THAT ARE PARTNERED WITH WILEY EDUCATION SERVICES.