This self-paced, on-demand course covers the essential skills instructors need to teach online. Participants are formally introduced to the online course structure and the critical roles and responsibilities of an online
instructor. Participants are exposed to techniques for using course materials and resources. The course also covers teaching strategies associated with communication, discussion forums, assessments, grading, and feedback.
- Employ the key components of an online classroom.
- Define the roles and responsibilities of online facilitators.•Utilize effective online facilitation habits, including time management, content review, and participation.
- Explain how institutional policies and procedures impact instructional delivery.
- Implement discussion forum techniques to support interactions between participants, content, and the instructor.
- Utilize strategies to deliver effective learning assessments.
- Apply methods for effectively grading and providing feedback to participants online
• From start to finish, module may take up to 4 hours to complete
• Fully self-paced. Start and stop as you wish.
• LMS agnostic design strategies.
• Complete all
or just some of the sections based on your course design experience.
• Receive a certificate of completion if all activities are completed.
How to Enroll:
- Step 1: Click on the course title below and select 'Enroll' to enroll yourself.
- You must be logged in to this LMS to complete your enrollment - keep in mind this LMS is separate from your institution's LMS. If you do not already have an account from engaging in a previous Wiley Education Services faculty development
course then you will need to create a new one. Follow the steps in either Existing Engage Account or No Existing Engage Account.
Existing Engage Account:
- Step 2: After clicking 'Enroll", you will transition to the log in page. Log into Engage with your login credentials. Click the Enroll me button located at the bottom of the page. You will have immediate access to
your course. You will also receive a confirmation email with a direct link to the course.
No Existing Engage Account:
- Step 2: After clicking "Enroll", you will transition to the log in page. If you do not have an account, Click the Create New Account Button. Complete the New Account form. Once the form is submitted, you will receive
an email with an activation link. (Check your Junk or Spam folders if the email is not received).
- Step 3: Follow the directions in the email to activate your account registration. Then, click the link to return to the Academic Engagement Engage LMS. Scroll down the page to select the course you want to complete (a second time).
- Step 4: Log into Engage with your login credentials. Click the Enroll me button located at the bottom of the page. You will receive a confirmation email with a direct link to the course.
THIS COURSE IS INTENDED FOR FACULTY DEVELOPERS TEACHING IN PROGRAMS THAT ARE PARTNERED WITH WILEY.